Friday, February 23, 2007

They're Baaaack!

Loganberry Books has a great long list of beloved old books that are back in print after a hiaitus. I was tickled to see that those deliciously creepy Edward Gorey books are available again.

And Enchantress from the Stars! One of my favorites! And a real genre-straddler of a novel: science fiction, myth, fairy tale, thought-provoking take on anthropology, and coming-of-age story, with a dash of romance thrown in. What's not to like?

April's Kittens made such a strong impression on me that almost 40 years later I still have vivid memories of the illustrations, and of the situation: April's family lives in such a small apartment that she still has to sleep in a crib, even though she is a big girl. So how can the family accommodate a litter of kittens?

There's more, more, much more. But could the "George and Martha" series ever have gone out of print? Really?!? Things are more dire than I'd even thought.

2 comments:

beancounter said...

What a nostalgia trip! I read all the Snipp, Snapp and Snurr books when I was 4 - 5. I *think* I can do without them now, but I'd sure like to collect all the Edward Gorey books.

Phantom Scribbler said...

Were the All of a Kind Family books really out of print? And I just bought My Father's Dragon from a Scholastic flyer a few months ago.